A Literary Analysis of Beer for Dummies by Marty Nachel and Steve Ettlinger Essay

Beer for Dummies by Marty Nachel with Steve Ettlinger. Let's start with how I came about getting a copy of this book. Back around Christmas time last year I saw a copy of Wine for Dummies. I picked it up and noticed that the "Dummy" had expanded into the non-computer field. I didn't give it much thought until around Dec. 31st, I saw CNN do a piece of what's hot for 1996. Beer was at the top of the list. Not just any beer, but craft beer. I saw a similar 'What's Hot' article in a local newspaper and again Beer was listed. Within a few weeks I saw an article on the Dummy books. After reading that I knew that 'Beer for Dummies' would soon be out. The article did not list Beer for Dummies asa new title, I just put a few pieces together and knew. Next I wrote an article about it. See View From Here 26. In the article I ranted on how the current beer renaissance does not need a dummy book, that it should not be written, and to please drive a stake through the person who is planning to write it. About three weeks later I got a letter from Marty Nachel telling me it was too late, that Beer for Dummies had already been written and if I wanted to receive a free copy of the book to let him know. At the beginning of September a copy of the book arrived at my door. I wanted to hate this book. I was sure that it would be filled with poor attempts at being clever and waste ink about how the major swill makers produce substandard barley beverages. I was going to apply a few Dorothy Parker quotes and rip the book to shreds. I was sure that the covers of this book would be too far apart. Then something happened... I read it....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Painting Genius Vincent Van Gogh Suffers Bipolar Disorder Essay

An Analysis of Bloodflowers by W. D. Valgardson Essay

An Analysis of the Topic of the Circles by Ralph Waldo Emerson Essay